Thursday, June 25, 2009

Let Evening Come

Tonight,  something a bit different. I took an evening walk, and things were so sunset pretty I had to grab a camera (despite my lack of any photography skills. Leave that to artsy people like Joanna. Who took my profile photo! She's amazing). I just snapped pictures of random things I thought were interesting; here's what I found:



Recognize this fair leaf? All the folklore five together: It's a tulip poplar! 



We picked blackberries the other day. Mom made a cobbler. I'm content just to look at them. And then eat them raw off the bush.


Mountains. Ahhh. Fields and mountains. And . . . barbwire fences. 


I love marten houses.  And I love this one most of all because of its tilt. P.S., I also went half-blind from the sun trying to get this photo. 


Another strange fascination, in addition to tilting marten houses: the way this tree grew around a barbwire fence. Again: why do I like this so much? 

Hay. Dusk. Golden. Peace. 

***
Photos I did Not take: 
-the strange furry carcass (squirrel?) in our front yard (suspects: the Sweet Dog).  
-the vicious horsefly that attacked me
-our neighbor careening around shirtless on his bush hog (heavens to Betsy. Scarring). 

Last night I spent with Valerie and Claire in their lovely apartment. Thank you, dear friends, for letting me crash and sit in that amazingly comfortable chair. Oh, and getting me addicted to "So You Think You Can Dance." You do my heart good. 




Good night, sky. 

2 comments:

thetalkingmouse said...

wondrous wondrous.

Anonymous said...

The hay bales look like a herd of so many shaggy sheep; these photos are beautiful! I went on a bike ride today and saw just how high the corn stalks are getting--tomorrow my camera goes with me!