Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Roasted Daily

This, friends, is out of the ordinary. 

For one: a post only 2 days after the last post.
[Just for the record, I could easily write every day, but I try to condense that stream of consciousness into one effort. Who wants to hear me rambling about how I nearly fell down the stairs again? I'm writing all the time in my head. It just doesn't all make it into cold type. And that's a good thing.]

For two: a post before 8 in the morning. I write in the evening. Because I feel guilty about resting until after 7 pm. Even if I have nothing whatsoever pressing, if I am lost between two fat weeks of no responsibilities, I will gosh darn make something for myself to do. Even if it's just wandering aimlessly around the house with a broom. It's rule #73 in my Very Long List of Useless Rules: Engaging in recreational activity, such as reading a book, in the middle of the day is Lazy and Shiftless and Wrong. 

I told you they were useless rules. 

***
So. Then why am I writing? 

Just to say I'm glad. That's all. 

It's a Stumptown kind of day. 

1 comment:

Erin said...

i guess you wouldn't approve of me waking up this morning, and after letting the dog out, hoping back in bed, reading harry potter for an hour or two, going back to sleep for another 45 min- hour, and just now getting up for good?