Sunday, January 4, 2009

Everything really is bigger

So I am sitting here posting from the esteemed town of Denton, TX. Home of funky courthouses, very cool brambly-brushy parks, and real live cowboys. AND one of my bestest friends and sometimes clone, Anna Page.

I like living with Anna. I like her hilarious sisters, and her witty dad, and her sweet mom. I like eating potato bread. I like discovering even MORE objects our houses have in common (count to date: 37). Like obscure Mennonite cookbooks and glass bluebirds and old coffeemakers.

And I like Texas. I love the wildness of the landscape, and the sunset over the smooth horizon, and the easy courtesy of alllll the native Texans I've encountered. I like the old farmhouses out in fields, cradled by a grove of gnarly trees. And I like reading every other sign in Spanish.

And on the second day, when I was walking with Anna and Emily in the perfect 75 degrees breeze with the last orange light gloaming through the black trees - I had one of those moment of perfect happiness, those random drops of grace that come unasked for, unexpected. And I was glad.

No comments: