Friday, September 18, 2009

So good to be home

I haven't written for a while. Every time I've looked at this here blog over the past weeks, all my life-blood would drain out my fingertips and I'd shrivel up and dry out. 

At least, that's what it felt like. 

Basically, I didn't have the energy or will, which is very strange for me. I mean, narration is the way I cope with life. Oh, I've had excuses. Like Sorority Rush (very life blood draining) and schoolwork and a commitment every dadgum minute of the day. The stress lump in my chest has been a constant. My life feels like a train I was supposed to catch, and now I'm running after it trying to jump on. 

But now, suddenly, on this wet Friday when I am skipping the only class of the day so I can put a dent in my schoolwork - I am not working out or reading 15th century Spanish literature or any of the other things I should be doing. I am still in my pajamas, draining the last bit of my half-caf coffee (see below), enjoying the lamplight and my fuzzy blanket. 

Maybe the cozy feeling is left over from last night. We had a reunion of the legendary Folklore class at Dr. Brown's lovely home. His sweet wife put out quite a spread and we all sat around the table and talked and laughed and reminisced and then we went into the living room and J.Brown and Josh and Blaine played guitars and we sang some and Jordan snapped photos and Drew made us laugh and it was wonderful. 

Wonderful. 

***
In other news:
-I am breaking myself of the coffee addiction. Note: I did not say giving up coffee! Lawsamercy, it's sweet nectar of heaven. But after a rushed Monday when I did not have the usual morning cup and suffered from an acute, horrible, wrenching, eyeball searing headache all day - I decided that my codependence was unhealthy. So I'm slowly loosening the grip of the coffee bean, so that I can enjoy it, instead of need it to survive. 
-I am teaching a class on A Doll's House on Tuesday. Gulp. Excited/scared. 
-Fall break next weekend is much too early. But I'll enjoy it nonetheless. 
-Shannon makes me laugh harder than anyone except maybe Jim. 
-I've spent way too much time on this post. Time to work. 

This is the sound of all of us
Singing with love and the will to trust
Leave the rest behind it will turn to dust
This is the sound of all of us

-"One Voice," the Wailin' Jennys

No comments: