Sunday, December 20, 2009

Late November Loveliness

One day during Thanksgiving break, I took a ramble in the lovely golden afternoon splendor of late autumn. I love November's golden browns, and the bare twigs and brittle grasses and purple leaves. I'm no photographer, but maybe these photos will show some of the loveliness that is Alabama in November.





Golden wispies.



Gorgeous silky field. See the terraces? And the barn peeping over the hill?




Sweet Mo.



Last remnants of red.




I loved the way these leaves caught the afternoon light and shone against the gray, dead ground.



And the woods behind the house. Brambles and branches and mystery.



There were just a few red remnants hanging on to the branch, and they were beautiful against the blue sky. Too bad my camera skills couldn't capture it. You'll just have to trust me.


Golden stands of grass. I never get tired of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know I'm a little late to be reading/commenting, but your pictures are lovely. Very well done. And although they may not capture the entirety of the splendor, they are wonderful pictures nonetheless.