Thursday, September 9, 2010

Categorized, for your convenience

Injuries Sustained Since Moving to the Flatlands
-one knuckle cut. Cause: the sinister ice maker that makes and makes and makes and in trying to empty it I cut my finger. On ice.

-one sprained wrist. Cause: flip-flops and rain. I should have known better. Prognosis: After a brace and 2 weeks - it still hurts.

-one near miss: on the English building stairs, when I took a flying leap over 2 stairs. Ankle breakage avoided.

-one bruised eye socket bone: from hitting my face on a chair when I bent down to pick up a bag.

-one sore shoulder: from walking into a doorframe.

Prognosis: send bubble wrap, please. I will be swathing myself in it from now on.


Today, Thursday, or Thor's Day, or the Day Almost as Happy as Friday
-I had eggs+onions+cheese and toast for supper. And hot cocoa after. It was simple. It was good.

-I got to leave at 1:30 instead of 4 because of televised SEC football on campus. Sometimes I like this big state school thing.

-grading papers=my life

-research and writing=my life

-avoiding grading and research in favor of 1.5 hour walks=my life


Continuum
-I've been steadily working on poems, a little or a lot, but every day. Writing routines are good.
-There's a frog that lives in the mossy water run-off area by our door. He's adorable. Clever roommate named him Sean. We're going to make him a house. Soon to follow: best-selling children's book, A House for Sean. Who needs grad school?

-I'm almost tired of peanut butter. And even beans and rice. Can one girl live on cereal alone?

1 comment:

thetalkingmouse said...

almost tired of peanut butter (!)
this is *most* exciting news.