Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happiness is . . . golden flowers

So Jim came to town yesterday to see Step-Sing and we hung out all afternoon. Lunch at Sabor Latino, shopping at the Galleria, coffee at O’Henry’s. [Note: Yes, Jim likes to shop, too. A

 shopping buddy brother who still manages to be straight? I feel the lack of a sister less and less. Although it does weird me out a little bit when he’s telling me about the ridiculous sale at Gap.]

 And we sang and stepped pretty well, last night, I think. I did wake up with the Misery - a mix of some wicked Step-Sing hangover and the beginning stages of consumption.  (such is the price of performance). When I called Mom to ask what I should do to stop hacking up nastiness, Jim grabbed the phone from her.

“Anna. Wild Sweet Orange at Starbucks. With lots of honey. Like, gobs of it. I’m serious.”

 I am at Starbucks now, drinking my Wild Sweet Orange tea, and indeed I can feel the health flowing back into my bones.

***

I love Folklore but I am not excited about reading Survival of the Bark Canoe (main point: they don’t make canoes like they used to), even though I am very excited about canoeing. So instead of doing my homework, I am going to share my tulip bud with you.

 This is my tulip poplar bud. Say hello, darling



These are all its friends. Happy ribbons. Happy happy happy.



In fact, Spring (!) is almost here. Not really. But I did see my first daffodil last week and now they are everywhere. Also forsythia. 

Which was too lovely not to bring into the room. 


Hello, spring. 

1 comment:

Erin said...

it's in my pitcher/vase! yay! :)