Monday, November 3, 2008

On this week's edition . . .

This post was going to be hyper like a six year old after a hard day's night of trick-or-treating. 

Then. I took a shower. 

I love hot showers. I love them best at night. Probably because it reminds me of when I was small and baths were always at night (why did I hate baths so much? It was always fun after you got in - endless things to pretend in the water. Like the mermaid scene in "Peter Pan." Or baptizing Barbies. Or - my personal favorite - Jesus turning the water into wine. Favorite Bible story growing up, hands down. Wow. Tangent. Back to showers).  
And now I feel like my mind is on some form of muscle relaxant. No filter. As you likely gathered from the endless parentheticals. So instead of anything coherent, I'm taking the easy way out and doing a "Highlights from the Week" segment here on Anna's blog. 

Highlight #1: Hallowe'en party on Friday night. Because I won $10 for my Girl with a Pearl Earring costume. I love Free Stuff. However. I do not watch movies anymore, because college has given me the attention span of a two year old and I keep thinking of all the other things I could be doing. So I was going to do the trendy blog thing and host a giveaway of my hard-won money. Then Jim called last night and I remembered that I love him a lot and promised the tickets to him. Sorry. 

Highlight #2: Eating an ice cream cone in the sun today with friends on either side. Waffle cone. Sun. Fountain. Friends. Happiness. 

Highlight #3: I had never seen "Singing in the Rain" all the way through. Not until yesterday, that is. I don't remember why I didn't find it charming before. But I like it obsessively now. The colors. The corny humor that makes me laugh way too loud. The Good Morning song (love). Yes. It's good.

Highlight #4: The morning light sheening through deep translucent red leaves. I see it every day on the way to breakfast and hurt a little from sheer beauty each time. 

Highlight #5: Doing laundry tonight with Bounce dryer sheets. Simple pleasures, folks. Simple pleasures. 

P.S. I am well now. As proven by my consuming as much peanut butter, chocolate and coffee as I can get my hands on. Yay. 



2 comments:

Erin said...

you know, anna, if you had saved them, we could have combined them with the $10 i got freshmen year and have to use before the end of the year, and each of us girls could have gotten $5 off, and we could have had a big, girly date. :P

anna said...

actually, it could have been better than that, b/c I too, have $10 to the Rave, so there...