Saturday, December 13, 2008

Some Lists before Sleeping

It is Saturday and 9 pm and I am sleepy enough to fall into bed right now.

And that would be ok. Because finals are done, done, DONE, and I have no-thing for six whole weeks. No papers. No tests. No frustrating google earth presentations. 

That's right. This year, I'm one of those slackers who skips Jan-term. And I really don't know what I'll do with myself during these six weeks. 

The Absolute, Concrete, Big-Things List
1) Visit Anna in Texas for New Year's. She will let me drink wine! Yay Anna. That's why we're friends, right? 
2) Roadtrip with Deborah to St. Louis to visit Joanna and eat frozen custard. 
3) Impose myself on Jim at Alabama. Experience RUF at a Big State School. Play on the one person see-saw at the expensive rec center. 

The Definite But Flexible List
1) Read. Read a lot. Read about things I love, like farmhouses and Shakespeare. Read about random things, like the Civil War and horticulture. Read everything I don't have time for during the semesters.
2) Scrapbook photos from this fall and maybe do one of Jim's kidhood. 
3) Cook. Cook a lot. Today: Swedish wedding cookies, and chocolate macaroon roll-ups. 
4) Watch "Lars and the Real Girl" again. The obsession must work itself out. 
5) Have the Great Music Trade-Fest with Jim. 

The Idealistic But Doubtful List
1) Strength training at least twice a week. (I am such a weakling. Cardio=love. Lifting weights=stake me to the fire ant bed. )
2) Use GarageBand to record a ground-breaking album with Jim, gain instant fame and success, and tour Europe with Franz Ferdinand. 
3) Teach myself a hip-hop routine off of YouTube videos.
4) Speaking of: watch all the YouTube videos I am always meaning to watch.
5) Speaking of watching things: go through 15 movies on the Netflix queue. 
 
***

Wake up baby, there's a train a-coming,
don't you leave me or forsake me.
Wake up baby, there's a train a-coming,
don't you know how much I love you.
-Doug Burr, "Graniteville" 

3 comments:

elizabethchanning said...

Anna!
It's Channing!
I have decided to join my friends in the world of blogging!
Just wanted to say hi! :)

Erin said...

oh, anna, you have to teach yourself a hiphop dance! HAVE to. or you could always learn a tap one :)

and i wish it was 9 pm and i was exhausted. it's 2 am and i can't sleep. *sigh* that's what I get for sleeping for ten and a half hours last night and then doing practically nothing all day...

Shannon said...

Convienant timing on your trip to St. Louis, Bedsole. This hurts. Also, try our toasted ravioli.