Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Barefoot and pregnant . . .


Last night, we had the RUF Christmas party. 'Scuse me. The Redneck Christmas party.

Daisy Jo, Barbara Jo, Pappy, Ruby Jo and Betty Jo. And I'm holdin my little Bobby Sue. 



It's  jes' plumb hard to balance a baby and hor d'oeuvres. Specially when you're already six months along with th' next one. 



The menfolk tried to ignore our delicate condition. 


But we hogtied 'em and made them get in the group photograph. That's our fine minister Mr. Sterling in the plaid at the front, with his sweet wife Susie and daughter Kate on the left. 



Betty Jo, a.k.a. Lindsay, in the kitchen.  We had the best time chattin' about Sears catalogs and pick-up trucks. Aren't those Christmas socks jes the sweetest thang?


*breaks character* The four of us! Yes, my roommate makes a very creepy redneck man. And Erin looks way too comfortable being pregnant. And I'm a little bit mad at Anna Page for looking so cute and normal. And Bobby Sue costs 99 cents at the thrift store. She's my favorite. 

Did I feel a little indecent walking into a party looking six months pregnant? A little bit. Did I develop some sympathy for those involved in actual pregnancy? Yep. Did I have the time of my life dressing up and talking twang with these amazing girls?

Absolutely. 

P.S. It's root beer, Mom.  Don't worry.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tarnation....what a good time!

Love,

Daddy

Rachel said...

you're the cutest pregnant woman...