Sunday, October 19, 2008

On holiday

Overheard - Michael and Lee playing Mario Kart.

Michael: I've got to find something to kill her with . . . die, woman

Lee: Bowser just stalled and died and I ran into him

Michael: Don't worry, don't worry, I'm in sight

Lee: . . . through the ages. Oh no, it didn't hit Peach. LUIGIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael: Y'see that? YES! What nowww? Check this out, you about to die people. UH I could've dodged it! (happy) I'm in first though. (singing) Hey Hey . . . we're the Monkees!
Let's glide to the championship, alright?

Lee: Now, Peach, you will be taken! We will have VEN-geance upon you.

Verdict: Endless entertainment. 
***
So, fall break so far = e-zackly what I needed. Yesterday we went to the Scottish festival, and ate Scottish food, and watched brawny caber-tossing men, and climbed (or, in Michael's case, ran) up Stone Mountain, and saw hairy cows, and listened to the bagpipe music float up as we climbed the mountain, and laid in the sun and wind until we got cold. 

Other highlights:
-drinking Strongbow on Friday night. I liked it. I liked it a lot. 
-I fell asleep during Braveheart on Friday night. I slept like a rock until Val shook my shoulder on Saturday morning. And I slept on top of Stone Mountain. And I slept on the way back from Stone Mountain. And I slept during Mario Kart last night. And I nearly slept during church this morning. And I slept on a bench in the sun while Lee and Val and Michael and Mr. Macon played tennis. Sleep is . . . good. 
-Authentic Mexican tacos tonight. Thank you so much to Michael's grandfather for making me commit the sin of gluttony. 
-Val's house. And her parents. I love her parents. Her dad pretends to strangle me and her mom laughs a lot and hugs me. I feel loved. 
-Deadly, spontaneous pillow fights in the basement, that explode in a rush of adrenaline and flying upholstery.

Homework? Who has homework? 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

man, you sure have a partiality towards the scottish culture. must be the presbyterian in you...

we just had fall break, too. oh glorious bliss! i woke up this morning serisouly questioning the Lord as to whether or not i ACTUALLY had to get up and go to class.

you're precious. hope all is well.