Thursday, October 9, 2008

Public naps and poetry

I should be studying for my Legal Spanish that happens in an hour. I should be reading To the Lighthouse. I should be working on the introduction for poet Mei-Mei Berssenbrugge on Monday night. I should be packing for the retreat tomorrow or doing something productive so that I will not panic at my mountain of work when I get back at the end of the weekend. 

Instead, I am here to tell you that my conditioner smells like Fruit Loops.

Yes, I am willfully avoiding work. It started with my 8 am class being canceled. 

Note: After writing above sentence, I remembered my Poetry class (the canceled class), which made me remember working on poems yesterday, which made me remember the poem I wrote yesterday, which I had to go re-read, and anyway I just spent the last twenty minutes tinkering with it and writing the expository paragraph that has to go along with it. [Which, if you are interested, you can find at my new poetry blog.]

And that is what this day has been. Productivity in spurts, nothing very organized. I studied for my test on the quad, and the grass was soft and the sun was warm and I woke up half an hour later. It felt a-ma-zing. 

In other news: I got a spring internship. Um, YAY! It is with Birmingham Christian Family magazine. This means that I can register four credits as "Internship" on my official spring schedule and breathe a sigh of relief, instead of registering and not getting any internship and scrambling to find some class that isn't filled that I actually need. Thank You. I'm so happy about this. It is a big burden off my chest. 

In other other news, I'm having supper with my favorite brother after I get out of the aforementioned Legal Spanish examen, because he is on his fall break and I haven't seen him in years. Slight exaggeration. Why, yes I am rather hyper. Why do you ask? That's what sleeping on the grass in public does to you. 

And with that, I'm off to not be late to class.  



2 comments:

Laura said...

This post made me smile -- over and over again.

And I think you should post the poem.

Rachel said...

i love to the lighthouse. and i love you. and i think we should take a roadtrip together.