Wednesday, October 15, 2008

So today I've slung back and forth between hope and gloomy predictions. But a lot of hope. I think that's something, don't you? Especially when hope and peace have been pretty scarce around these parts. But yesterday and today I've had those spaces of Yes. Not an all's-right-with-the-world feeling,  just resting more in the place of things-will-be-ok. Of God-is-at-work. And you should all go read this article, because I love it and I can read it over and over and get something new each time. Thank you, Jason Boyett, for being honest. 

Ahem. Now I suppose I have to talk about actual real life stuff, since this blog has received criticism in the past of being "cryptic." *cough*StephenandLee*cough* 
Things like:
-Adam Wright's concert on Sunday night! A.ma.zing. Good crowd, good performer - why can't all my favorite musicians do house concerts? I'm a convert. Go listen to Adam and Act of Congress and buy all their CDs because I love them second only to Nickel Creek. Unless you bring in "The Well" - which just might be my favorite song ever - and bump them up to a tie.

-famous(ish) poet Mei-Mei Berssenbrugge on Monday night. I got to introduce her (thrill) and be one of the token students at dinner afterwards (actually, I was more excited about getting to eat dinner with Dr. Fisk, because she's pretty much the most amazing professor ever. And FINALLY teaching an English class again next semester which I will be the first to sign up for and I digress). She was . . . abstract. But very nice. Um, I liked her artist-y NY City clothes . . . there isn't much more to say. 

-Repentance. I get frustrated with repentance because I can never do it good enough (that is the way my twisted mind works). And then, through a series of un/fortunate events, God changed my heart about something I'd been completely blind to in myself. So . . . thank You. And yes, I can rationalize all day long (maybe it isn't God . . . how do I know it's really Him that did this?) because that's what my crazy mind does. I'm starting to begin to learn to tell it to shut up and say thank You. 

And fall break is in one and a half days and I posted a new poem today which is down to earth, I promise, and I fell in love with "10 Dead Dogs" by Wild Sweet Orange.

Belief, believe in me, cause I don't know
if reason's ever gonna see why love
would come to die,
to leave.

O my God, is this really what you want?
Would you tell us if it's not?
And could you rewrite the plot
and come and get us?

No comments: