Monday, July 14, 2008

All the rumors are true

(Yes. This is one of those much-dreaded "honest"/"raw"/"I'm going to whine a lot" posts.)

Ok. Today has been, how-you-say, a struggle. To hold onto the basic little things (getting out of bed and driving to work) and the basic big things (God is real). In short, reality. And I'm tired and a little bit frustrated. Really, Anna? Didn't you already question the meaning of life? Let's not go through this again. And try not to become one of those bitter cynics you dissed, oh, last week. 

And so, when my commitment feels weak and flabby and just plain wore out, I keep reminding myself: Jesus died for me. No, it doesn't always make me feel better. But it's true. 

And since this IS a catalogue of mercies, I'm faithfully setting 'em down.
* My boss complimented me today. Yay! I like nice bosses. I also like free Panera bagels in the break room.
*Jim brought home Andrew Bird music!!! 
* I talked with my favorite roomie and she gave me happy news (ha!)
*I finished organizing our library. Admire my efficiency. 

Song of the Day: "Decide This Doubt for Me" - Red Mountain Church
Mmm, happy sigh. I love Red Mtn. Amazing music, and the lyrics pretty much say what I feel when I haven't got the heart or words to express it.

"I sometimes think myself inclined,
To love thee O, if I could;
But often find another mind,
Averse to all, all that is good.
. . . But when I cry, 'My strength renew,'
Seems weaker than before.
Seems weaker than before."

No comments: