Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"Our hearts are restless 'til . . ."

So, of note today: I saw the moon all crimson and framed in masses of clouds tonight. I made other Anna's famed marinated black bean dish. I woke up still talking to God. And am finishing the day still talking to Him. Some days, that is the best that can be said, and hey - it's worth a whole lot.

Library work continues happily. I took banana bread to my bosses that my mom threw at me as I was running out the door (yes, we lead a manic life here in the Bedsole household). Yesterday the cute boy at circulation helped me with the book cart and smiled at me. Today we made small talk. Oooh, progress.

The other student worker in the ILL and I have been chatting some when we're there at the same time, and I have done my expert interviewer grandmother proud and found out vital life history facts: siblings, family, girlfriend, interests in comic books, etc. Today, though, he asked me what I liked about the Presbyterian church. I mumbled something about the strong theology which is basically just the Bible. We ended up talking about trusting the Bible and how hard just trusting is. And I shared how since the winter I've gone through a time of basically doubting everything I believe. And he pops out, "That was my last year. I feel like I'm only now beginning to establish the emotional reconnection." And, well, it was encouraging. As in, being reminded (once again) that I am not the first person to think the bottom has fallen out of their world. And gradually I'll come to find it's still there.

Song of the Day: "Starlight" - the Wailin' Jennys
I only picked this song because the artists are wailin' instead of wailing.

"I have toured the endless starlight
take me home
I have shattered under midnight
take me home
There are no vultures in this clearing
Except the ones who brought me here
And I'll no longer feed them
take me home"

2 comments:

Rinny said...

i think i love you more than any random circulation boy ever could. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not positive that's appropriate. And anyway, I love you even more than that.

Very beautifully written FYI.