Saturday, July 26, 2008

Death to Dustbunnies

Mood of the day: anticipation. It is a Saturday. It is a Saturday and I get to clean. Some early training (brainwashing?) convinced me that a Saturday cannot be fully enjoyed unless you work so hard all morning that by the afternoon you can do nothing but rest and relax. 

And I love to put on music and clean my room and the rest of the house. As my favorite roommate can tell you, this mood rarely strikes me at school. Something, though, about home, brings out the housekeeper in me and I organize and dust happily for hours while Alison Krauss or ABBA plays in the background (yes, while most eleven year olds were listening to N'Sync, I was listening to my dad's old mixtape of a 1970s Swedish pop band. I still love them). 

***
Visit with Lindsay = soothing and fun and yummy recipes. I enjoyed being out of the house for a few days and chatting and scrapbooking with Lindsay. Lots of scrapbooking. I finished all of sophomore year and spent two hours last night organizing our photos in search of more projects. This is fun. And - addictive. 

***
On Thursday, one of the reference librarians and his wife brought by their five week old daughter to show off. I was looking at her longingly when he came over and advised me to wait a loooong time before I had "one of these." How did he know that Chris Thile and I are planning to elope next week and get started on our ten children right away? 
Anyway, she was awfully cute, with lots of dark hair and long toes, and when you held her she curled against you like a little monkey. I miss kids! I was telling my mother how I loved the pram-like strollers that were popular in Spain and she looked at me like I was crazy. 

***
Song of the Day: "Fallen from the Sky" - Glen Hansard
This is from the "Once" soundtrack, which I love. This is what I call The Happy Song (even though the lyrics are not) because it uses an electronic beat and makes me think of hot air balloons for some reason. 

You must've fallen from the sky
You must've shattered on the runway
You brought so many to the light
And now you're by yourself

5 comments:

Burt said...

so you're telling me that when I'm getting an eye exam that my doctor may very well be mentally humming an Abba tune!

Kait said...

Oh nos. . . I want my own kiddies so bad. :)

Anonymous said...

Ha and I rarely get in that mood at home, only at school. : ) I understand the Saturday morning working though.

I just got one of those deep, deep lonely/missing you feelings. I don't know if I can wait three and a half more weeks!

Anonymous said...

Oh and I have an idea for a project for you. I think you should use some pictures of us and make something fun to go on our dorm room door. So everyone knows its us. And we do have a life despite our bedtime!

Rachel said...

i love this song!